IFBB Pro Fouad Abiad takes you into the kitchen to show you how to make the ultimate high-protein omelet.
Busy mornings can make it all too tempting to skip breakfast and bolt out the door. No matter how rushed your mornings are as you head out for work, make eating breakfast an essential part of your daily routine. Your goal first thing in the morning is to force your body out of a catabolic state and into a muscle-building one soon after waking. That’s why Fouad always recommends consuming a solid whole food source of protein for breakfast, when possible. This is the time when your muscles are most desperate for nutrition, following an overnight fast. Ensuring you are feeding your body a substantial meal that includes a solid hit of protein is the surest way to halt muscle breakdown and start your day off right. Use this bodybuilder-friendly breakfast to kick start muscle building and perform at your best all day.
What you will need:
- Cutting board
- Nonstick pan
- 5 grams coconut oil
- ¼ green pepper
- 3 mushrooms
- 250 milliliters of egg whites (8 egg whites)
- 4 ounces of chicken breast
- 30 grams of cheese
- No sugar added ketchup
- Frank’s Red Hot
- Warm up a nonstick pan on medium heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to the pan.
- Chop up ¼ of a green pepper and 3 mushrooms.
- Saute in pan until mushrooms and green peppers begin to darken.
- Add 1 cup (250ml) of egg whites to the pan and reduce heat. Allow for eggs to begin to solidify and make a flippable base.
- Cut up 4 ounces of chicken into cubes.
- Flip eggs over and allow the other side to cook.
- Place cheese and chicken on one half of the omelette.
- Flip the omelette onto itself and keep on heat until the cheese begins to melt.
- Slide onto the plate.
- Top with Frank’s Red Hot or no sugar added ketchup