Eat Big to Get Big
Logging hours of effort in the gym and eating all your meals but still struggling to pack on muscle? As a hard gainer, it's a challenge to get enough calories and nutrients to gain muscle, especially if you're trying to eat too clean to avoid gaining unwanted fat. But a few simple tweaks to your nutrition plan can make all the difference in your gains.
It's no secret that to get big, you have to eat big. Every meal you eat should be rich in protein and also included carbohydrates and healthy fats. But this strategy alone likely won't give you a mass gaining edge a hardgainer needs. To increase your calorie intake and push your gains to new heights, don't be afraid to add foods like cheese, tortillas, bagels, cream cheese, etc., to your meals every so often. While it will no doubt increase your body fat, it will also add muscle to your frame. Just be sure to evaluate your physique over time and pull back on the extras if you find you're gaining more fat than muscle.
This burrito recipe leans on the extras for added calories. It's easy to eat, packed with muscle-building nutrients, and offers more calories than your typical bodybuilding meal.
What you will need:
- 2 Non stick pan
- Cooking spray
- Cutting board
- Ground beef
- Olive oil
- 1 Yellow pepper
- 3 mushrooms
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 3 tortillas
- 3 cheese slices
- Heat up the pan on medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Add ground beef to the pan.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook until fully brown.
- Chop up peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Heat up the second pan and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the pan.
- Pour in vegetables and saute until slightly darker in color.
- Line 3 tortillas with one slice of cheese and pickles.
- Add 2 ounces of beef per tortilla.
- Add veggies to each tortilla.
- Top with BBQ sauce.